This guideline will help you transfer historical data from your Tune integration to Remerge. Please feel free to contact your Remerge Account Manager in case of any questions.
Why do we ask to receive historical data?
When you set up event postbacks with us, we begin receiving event data from Tune. However, we do not have any insight into what users were doing in your app before the postback was set up.
For example, if you set up the postback on a Monday and wanted to launch the campaign on the following Thursday, our scale would be limited because we would only be able to target users who have taken actions in the app (i.e. installed, opened, purchased) during the past three days. Therefore, in order to hit the ground running upon campaign launch, we ask to receive historical data to seed our segments and achieve scale as quickly as possible.
- Navigate to the “Logs” Section
- Login to your Attribution Analytics by Tune account.
- Click on “Logs” from the left-hand navigation (under the “Reporting” heading).
- Click on the “Events” tab in the table menu.
- Click “Edit” in the table menu.
- Set the Date Range
- Click into the date range box.
- In the pop-up that appears, select the date your Remerge post-back integration went live as the end date. For the start date, select X days prior depending on how many days of historical data you would like to forward.
- Select a Time Zone: Select “CET”
- Select a Time Range: 12:00am to 11:59pm
- Click the “Apply” button.
- Edit the “Logs” Settings
- Click the “Edit”button.
- Check the following boxes (required)
- Mobile App (we would advise you here to send us the data separated by app, so please select here only one app)
- Google AID
- iOS IFA
- optional fields
- Attributed Partner
- Revenue USD
- Set the following filters:
- Status: Approved
- Test Data: Exclude
- Remove the Attributed Partner: All Partners filter.
Your minimum required field selection should now match the following screenshot:
- Export the Log:
Click the “Export” button at the top right-hand corner.A popup should appear. The report is generated, click “Download CSV”.
- Export “Logs” for Installs (OPTIONAL)
- Go back to step 1.3 and select the “Installs” tab instead of “Events”.
- Repeat the above process of generating and exporting the logs.
- Transfer of the Files to REMERGE
You should now have a CSV downloaded on your computer (two CSVs if you opted to download the “Installs” logs). Please upload the CSV(s) to a Google Drive folder and share it with your Remerge Account Manager. Please ensure, that you split the log files for historical data per app (if there is more than one) upfront – so send two CSV files to Remerge if you have an iOS and an Android app for example.